Environmental degradation poses a serious threat to animals, plants, and human
The Fujairah Research centre is committed to protecting the environment and promoting sustainable development for future generations.
The Fujairah Research Centre's environmental research team aims to achieve a suitable environment, protect ecosystems, and address pollution issues, ecological change, and biodiversity losses.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AT THE FRC ARE:
• Pollution monitoring & modeling
• Renewable Energy
• Energy and water technologies
• Weather forecasting and microclimate modelling
THE ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AT FRC FOCUSES ON THREE MAIN PROGRAMS:
• To carry out a comprehensive range of environmental testing, including water, soil, air, sludge, petroleum, pesticides, chemical compounds, and pollutants.
• To provide a wide array of analytical testing services to support life science research, environmental investigations, and environmental chemistry.
• To provide quality analytical services to Fujairah Research Centre, public and private organizations.
• To perform mapping and environmental monitoring and provide accurate reporting to researchers, public entities, and authorities.
• To conduct research to protect biodiversity and the local ecosystem.
• To participate in Ecosystem study and preservation research programs.
• To carry out technology validation related to environment protection.
• To act as a repository of informational Fujairah environment and natural habitat.
• To collaborate with national and international research centres and organizations.
• To develop human resources in the area of environmental testing and habitat protection.
The UAE has been interested in preserving the environment, especially since the environment is everything that surrounds humans, including plants, animals, water, inanimate objects, and air.
Therefore, environmental programs and initiatives have been developed and aimed at contributing
to water sustainability, raising biosecurity rates and enhancing environmental security.
Therefore, the government of Fujairah paid attention to preserving the environment and issued several legislations to preserve the environment in order to reach a sustainable future and achieve a green economy by protecting the environment through banning sea dumping, implementing policies and legislations, making efforts towards sustainability.
Wadi Wurayah is a haven for some of the rarest species found in the United Arab Emirates providing refuge from this harsh climate. These species are of ecological importance to the Arabian Peninsula and the world. The goal is to restore the arid mountain ecosystem and protect the Biodiversity and the Wadi Endangered Species.